14 March 2012

Picture This, Picture That: The Real Katie Lavender by Erica James


Welcome back to my feature Picture This, Picture That! This week I'm taking a look at 2 very different book covers, this time Erica James' latest release The Real Katie Lavender. These covers couldn't be more different if you ask me, with the original one being so bland and actually one of the worst book covers I've ever seen, and then a bold and bright look for the paperback release in July 2012. I hated the original because it's so generic, has no colour and tells me nothing about the book, whereas at least the new one has some colour and a personality, and is certainly more eye-catching in my opinion. Which of the two covers do you prefer and why?!

7 comments:

  1. Difficult choice this one.
    I do prefer the one on the left, but the colours catch my eye on the 2nd one.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the first one as I think the second one looks too messy!

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the original cover with champagne glasses but in saying this the turquoise cover of the other book is really catchy also but the original is still my personal favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually prefer the original one! It is more grown up and eye catching. The second one looks like a cover of children's books. Not appealing at all in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both! The first one is more classic in my eyes while the second one is more artistic and really catches your attention. I also like the real wispy font in the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like either of them. The first one looks rather cheap and dated and the second looks like a cover Sophie Kinsella rejected.

    I miss the old classy Erica James covers - the ones she had for The Holiday, Precious Time and Hidden Talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colour of the second cover but overall, I prefer the first.

    ReplyDelete