23 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 13: Kirsty Greenwood

Today I am pleased to welcome Kirsty Greenwood to my blog for her Festive Q&A! Her debut novel was released a while ago now, but it's still a brilliant read, and I am really looking forward to her next book The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance which is due in April! Enjoy the Q&A, and my thanks go to Kirsty for taking the time to answer my questions!

You can buy Yours Truly as a paperback or an eBook now!

Q1. You've yet to write a festive book - is it something you'd consider in the future?!
Although it wasn't marketed around Christmas, Yours Truly was a pretty festive book. It was set at Christmas and the characters were snowed in to the village of Little Trooley. I love writing about the holidays and I'm sure that one of the upcoming Jessica Beam books will be set at Christmas! Writing a festive book means you get to have an extra shiny cover too.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
The holidays are an awesome scenic backdrop to a novel - you've got the parties, the family gatherings, the alcohol and scrumptious food, the dramatic weather and usually a good dose of drama. And winter is the perfect snuggling up with a book season.

Q3. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
All dem presents I'm 'bout to get.

Q4. Favourite Christmas film?
Scrooged. Or maybe Home Alone: Lost in New York. No, Scrooged. Bill Murray beats Macaulay Culkin.

Q5. Favourite Christmas song?
Judy Garland singing 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas'.

Q6. Favourite Christmas tradition?
I think just getting together with my family. It's rare that we're all together at the same time so that's very special to me.

Q7. What are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?!
Some nice new gloves, tickets to the ballet, and the Penguin Clothbound edition of Great Expectations.

Q8. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?
Ooh. That is tough. I've been given some pretty epic presents over the years!  My parents got me a diary for Christmas when I was 11 and I still have it. It's a florally scented diary which has kept it's scent for twenty years, so every time I open it now the smell instantly transports me to that Christmas. It's like time travel!

Q9. What is up next for you?
I'm preparing for the release of The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance in April (I'm so excited for people to read it and meet Jessica Beam. Ooh, AND I'll be having a launch party!) and I'm currently writing book 3, which is the second book in The Vintage Guide series.

Thanks so much, Kirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment