9 December 2014

Festive Q&A Day 7: Alice Peterson

Today I am delighted to welcome the lovely Alice Peterson to my blog for her Festive Q&A! Alice's latest book One Step Closer to You was one of my favourite reads of this year, and it's one I urge you all to pick up. Thank you to Alice for taking the time to answer my questions!

You can buy One Step Closer to You as a paperback or an eBook now.

Q1. You've yet to write a festive book - is it something you'd consider in the future?!
Possibly. You never know…

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
Well, Christmas books can definitely help get you in the mood. Christmas is one of the happiest times of the year, and one of the loneliest too. There’s lots of emotion and joy and probably a lot of comfort reading about a time of year that’s universal to us all.

Q3. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
Mince pies. I love singing carols too.

Q4. Favourite Christmas film?
Love, Actually – love Colin Firth in anything he does.

Q5. Favourite Christmas song?
If I’m alone, I’ll sing along merrily to Mariah Carey, All I Want …

Q6. Favourite Christmas tradition?
I love wrapping up presents on Christmas Eve. I also love doing last minute shopping on Christmas Eve too as the atmosphere is always wonderful, everyone in a good mood.

Q7. What are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?!
Anything that sparkles! I love Kate Spade jewellery. I could also really do with a cosy warm chunky knit jumper. Or anything from Anthropology – they sell gorgeous china, things for your kitchen, jewellery, clothes, writing books, rugs – that shop is heaven.

Q8. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?
A lovely fake fur cream coat that makes me feel so glamorous, like a film star…

Q9. What is up next for you?
I’ve just had a new idea for a book and it’s so powerful and exciting, I cannot wait to start writing it in the New Year… 2015 is going to be the best year yet... Let’s hope anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment