14 November 2011

Book News: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


After reading my first Jojo Moyes novel last year, The Last Letter From Your Lover, and absolutely loving it, I cannot wait for her new book, due out on 5th January 2012. Me Before You has a beautiful cover, plain and simple but there is something really lovely about it and I can't wait to read it, it sounds amazing. 

"Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. 

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.


Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.


What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time."

You can pre-order Me Before You in paperback and eBook/Kindle now (links go to Amazon).

1 comment:

  1. The novel unfolds without any dramatic surprises. From the halfway point I'd figured out exactly how it would all come together BUT that didn't affect my enjoyment of it one iota. Will and Lou won me over - I cared about them and miss them now that I've finished the book. Jojo Moyes lets the story unfold slowly, so that you feel that you're living it all with them. I read most of the book in one setting, staying up later than I'd intended, because I just couldn't bear to put it down.

    ReplyDelete