27 February 2012

Picture This, Picture That: A Rural Affair by Catherine Alliott


Welcome to my new feature, Picture This, Picture That! This is where I will be looking at book covers, and comparing two covers for the same book, and finding out which one we all like best!

First up is Catherine Alliott's 2011 release A Rural Affair. The original cover seen on the left was a little dowdy and dull for my liking, but I can't say the new cover (right) is a vast improvement!I think the cover is a little obscure, and the colours aren't overly inspiring. I can't say the new or old cover would make me pick up the book myself, but which of the covers do you prefer? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely the first cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the first is more eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new one better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, two each so far.

    I'm going to go for the first one as I usually go for covers with cartoony people.

    ReplyDelete