6 August 2014

eBook Review: One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin

"‘Is there really such a thing as a perfect proposal?

Over the next hundred days I intend to find out. I will find one hundred ways to propose to our Chief Proposer Suzie McKenzie and post the results here for your enjoyment. One thing’s for sure, not one of my proposals will be on top of the Eiffel Tower with a dozen red roses.’

Best friends Suzie and Harry are partners in romance. That is, they run the.PerfectProposal.com, coming to the aid of would-be grooms to create the ultimate marriage proposal.

But when Harry decides to catapult the business into the big leagues with a PR stunt all Suzie can see is a hundred days of heartbreak stretching ahead of her. But however exotic the location, or breath-takingly romantic the setting, Suzie has to keep remembering that ‘Marry Me?’ is the one question she can’t say yes to.

This business proposal should come with one hundred broken heart warnings...

One hundred proposals, one hundred chances to say yes."

Rating: 5/5

You can buy One Hundred Proposals as an eBook now.

Holly Martin first came to my attention last year when I read many rave reviews about her new chick lit book The Guestbook. I decided to find out what all the fuss was about, and read the book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. So when Holly brought out a new book this year called One Hundred Proposals, I decided it was going to be a must-read. I love Holly's eBook covers too. Some publishers seem to think that eBook covers aren't as important as those that go into the shop on a physical book, but you still have to entice your reader to want to read the book, and Carina have done just that with this book cover. So, here's why I think you should read One Hundred Proposals.

Suzie and Harry are partners, running their website PerfectProposal.com together, showing grooms how they can create the most fantastic marriage proposals, often at a bargain price too. When Harry decides to take on the task of proposing to Suzie, not just once but one hundred times, in order to find the perfect proposal, he is sure he's onto a winner. But Suzie is already feeling dread at what Harry's got planned for her - she knows she can only take these proposals as work, although she would desperately want to say yes to Harry and the idea of marrying him. Which proposal is Harry going to pull out of the bag that Suzie will like the most? And will Harry cotton on to the fact that Suzie's feelings run deeper than just business partners....

I loved the idea of this story. I was sure Holly Martin wouldn't be able to cram one hundred different proposals into the book, otherwise it would be hundreds and hundreds of pages long, but I was hoping that the ones that were in the book were going to be magical and the sort of thing any girl would be happy to say yes to! Of course, Holly didn't disappoint, and she's really gone to town with the proposals in the book - Harry really knows how to make a proposal magical. What I loved is that he used Suzie's favourite things in as many propsals as he could, making them personal, and I was willing her to say yes and come clean about her feelings! He was almost too good to be true - the perfect best friend, handsome man and all round good guy - what was there not to like?

Suzie was a bit more of a mixed bag. She's got an upsetting past, a family tragedy that is haunting her and threatening to ruin her friendships too. She feels only Harry truly understands her feelings, and that it brings them closer together, although she is sure Harry doesn't reciprocate her feelings. I liked Suzie, although I was hoping that she would just admit the truth to Harry, rather than allow herself the heartbreak of having to sit through all these proposals. While I loved the characters and their stories, for me it was the proposals and locations that made the book so readable. They get sent around the world to perform these proposals for their website, and I loved how Holly described all the locations perfectly - it made the already perfect proposals that more special, if that was possible?! We fly across the world with Harry and Suzie, and it was utterly brilliant all the way.

While I really enjoyed Holly's first chick lit book, this one has definitely surpassed it for me. It had everything - the perfect male lead that you can't help but love, gorgeous locations, lots of romance and love too. Holly's writing is so easy to read, you get quickly absorbed into the story and Harry and Suzie's relationship (or lack of one!), leaving you wanting to keep reading and to find out what would happen next. I absolutely loved all of the proposals, Harry was so thoughtful and they all seemed absolutely brilliant, and made for such good reading. Holly Martin is quickly becoming one of my go-to authors for a great romantic read, and I can see I'm going to be very excited next time she releases another novel, hoping it'll be just as good as this one. You'll definitely want to dive in and read all about Harry, Suzie and their one hundred proposals this summer, the perfect summer romance, I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this book, it sounds really great!

    ReplyDelete